This web site does not work optimally in old browsers like IE8 and earlier. Please update your browser.
Georgetown Ministry Center is always in need of volunteers
. But, we understand that our schedule doesn’t work for everyone. If you are looking for another volunteer opportunity in Georgetown with more flexible hours or a less demanding time commitment, please read after the jump to find out more about Georgetown Village
, one of our new community partners who recently helped us by putting out a call for help for GMC volunteers.
Georgetown Village is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization established to help seniors age safely in their homes. We do this through the help of community volunteers who have been trained and vetted. If you have spare time, even if it is only an hour or two a month, we can use your help!
- Providing transportation for medical appointments and errands
- Helping with basic computer or technology problems
- Running errands and helping with shopping needs
- Helping with pet, plant and mail monitoring while members are away
- Helping with shoveling and outside household chores
- Cooking and/or delivering meals to GV members
- Assisting with Georgetown Village social events, programs, outreach, communications and fund-raising.
Our next training is scheduled for June 11 at 4 pm, if you would like more information or to sign up for the training please contact Lynn Golub-Rofrano at 202-999-8988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Connected with GMC
Find out how to help, read about triumphs and learn about upcoming events about homelessness in Georgetown.