The holidays are upon us! As we move into this season of giving and gratitude, we hope you will consider supporting the 300 guests who will visit our Center this month.
Here are some ways you can make a difference for our guests:
- Check out our Amazon.com Wish List to see what items we need for guests at our Center. Your in-kind donations of socks and hand warmers are especially appreciated as we move into the coldest months of the year.
- Select GMC as your charity of choice on Amazon Smile. A percentage of all of your purchases made through the Smile program on Amazon.com will go toward supporting GMC’s work.
- Make a year-end donation. Your financial gifts provide us with the resources to: keep our Center open 7 days a week, 365 days a year; do weekly outreach walks to engage the most withdrawn and service resistant members of our community who are experiencing homelessness; maintain a winter shelter for 10 people throughout the coldest months of the year; and much more. Checks can be made out to Georgetown Ministry Center and sent to our office or you can donate online with a credit card.
- Donate through workplace giving programs. GMC is a member of the United Way (#9635) and CFC (#31661), and participates in the World Bank Community Connections and the International Monetary Fund Giving Together campaigns.
- Be a GMC ambassador. Tell your friends, family, and co-workers about GMC! Take it a step further and ask them to make a donation to GMC in honor of a birthday, wedding, or other celebration.
- Follow us on social media. GMC is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, so follow us for updates about our work, as well as important information in case of a cold emergency.
Thank you for your support and we wish you a joyful holiday season!